We compile ‘top 5’ regular offenders for damage to surfaces, so you can take steps to avoid them. But if you do have a surface that gets damaged, just remember the ‘F’ words, Fine Finishers.
Laminate worktops – Top 5 ‘watch out’
- Toolboxes – For easy access, there’s no better place for a tradesman to put his tools than the worktop. For good measure, they drag the box across the worktop too!
- Tilers – They just love to cut their tiles on a new worktop! So much more convenient as it saves getting the work bench out of the van!
- High Gloss – These worktops mark easily and are more difficult to repair. Great care is needed when working with high gloss surfaces.
- Razor blades – Clean and scratch in one simple procedure! Just don’t do it!
- Protection – The biggest cause of scratches is by placing protection over dirty work surfaces. People then stand or lean on the worktops ‘because they are covered’. Make sure that a well protected worktop is not hiding scratches, damage, poor fitting or badly made joints, which are only to be revealed the day you need to complete!