- 09 Feb 2011
The 'F' Words - Glass top 5 watch out
Top 5 common causes of damage to glass on building sites.
- Hard objects - Typical damage is caused by hard objects, such as plant or tool boxes being left on glass prior to installation
- Construction work - damage by tools, ladders or scaffolding during construction
- Removing items from glass - Regularly, problems occur when the brick dust, labels or paint is being removed from glass or mirrored surfaces
- Fogging – often caused by decorators getting careless with the sandpaper when preparing wooden frames
- Deep scratches – often caused by claw hammers and chisels.