5 causes of damage to plastic
We compile a ‘top 5’ regular offenders list of common damage to surfaces, so you can take steps to avoid them. But if you do have a surface that gets damaged, just remember the ‘F’ words, Fine Finishers.
Plastic is so versatile it is one of the most widely used materials in the building industry. However, it is also one of the easiest surfaces to damage.
The top 5 damage causes to watch out for are:
- Razor blades – beware when using razor blades to clean dirt, marks and cement snots from plastic
- Removing protective film – damage occurs when using sharp edges to remove the film
- Using windows as delivery hatches! – dragging stuff through newly fitted plastic windows causes scuffing, scratching and dents
- Dropping heavy items onto plastic surfaces – often results in plastic getting chipped, cracked or broken
- Knocking and bashing into plastic – often happens during deliveries, causing dents, scratches and cracks
Comments are closed.