Our top 5 causes of damage to wood.
WOOD – Top 5 ‘watch out’
- Impact damage – wooden surface being hit with an object
- Scratches – dragging things such as toolboxes across surfaces
- Poor joints – either poorly fitted joints, or the wood settling to its environment and either swelling or shrinking due to temperatures
- Wrongly fitted items – handles, signs etc that leave damage and marks when removed
- Water damage – where the wood has come into contact with water and it has soaked up the wood, making it first blow, and then leaves stain marks.
If you have a surface that gets damaged, just remember the ‘F’ words, Fine Finishers.