Work for us
We have exciting opportunities for trainee mobile fine finishing technicians to join our regional teams throughout the UK. This is your chance to start a full-time, fully-employed career working for an award winning, dynamic company.
We need people who are:
- Practical and good with their hands
- Have a keen eye for colour and detail
- Have a full driving licence and are able to travel throughout their region
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- Keen to learn new skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Polite, honest and reliable
This is your chance to start a new career working for an award winning, national company. This is a fully employed, full-time position, we are not a franchise operation and we do not use ‘zero hours’ contracts. We want people to stay with Plastic Surgeon on a long-term basis. We care about our staff and we invest a significant amount of time and money in all of our trainees.
After the initial training period you are continually mentored in the field and go back to the ‘classroom’ at regular intervals for courses on new skills such as glass polishing, stone repair and brick-tinting. There is an excellent support structure within the company and apprentices can always contact a senior colleague, one of the trainers or their Operations Manager to get advice.
We provide you with:
- The chance to learn a skilled trade
- A varied and interesting job
- A new career with opportunities for career progression
- All expenses paid 1 week residential course
- 12 weeks fully paid training
- Specialist training in glass polishing, stone repair, brick tinting, marble repair, plastic repair, metal repair, ceramic and enamel repair and other surface repair, resurfacing and restoration techniques
- 6 months mentoring in the field
- CSCS card recognised by the Construction Industry Training Board
- Company van, fully kitted out with all the equipment required to do the job
- Branded uniform
- The chance to join an expanding national team of over 200 people
- Full-time, fully-paid, employment contract with paid holidays and bank holidays
- Good bonus scheme
- Career development and skill grading
- Health and Safety training
- iPhone with full training on how to receive and record repair work
- The opportunity to work as part of a friendly regional team, with monthly team meetings and support from your operations manager and the staff at our national headquarters.
You’ll be working on commercial building sites, new house building sites and in public sector buildings, businesses and domestic properties throughout your region. The job involves carrying out cosmetic repairs to damaged surfaces, both inside and outside buildings. It is a very varied job that could have you repairing chipped ceramic sinks in the washrooms of a premier football club one day, and fixing a dented door or uPCV window cill for Mrs Jones the next.
Our trained male and female repair technicians come from a wide variety of backgrounds, including ex-teachers, panel beaters, paint sprayers, police, hairdressers, car mechanics and labourers. To succeed, you need to be practical and willing to learn.
To apply for a position with Plastic Surgeon please:
- Complete the Job Application Form in full, along with any supporting information like your CV or examples of your practical experience.
Find out more about training and working as a fine finishing repair technician – watch the videos
I’ve enjoyed all the different skills we’ve been taught at Plastic Surgeon, but particularly the wood graining, because I love art: I could do it all day.
Dan – Fine Finisher
You never stop learning with Plastic Surgeon, and you are mentored or go back to the ‘classroom’ for courses on new skills such as glass polishing or stone care, and brick-tinting. I am trained in what the company refers to as Home Care, but any time I come up against something new I can always contact a senior Finisher or one of the trainers to get advice.
All our new Finishers undergo a one week training course at our head office training centre. After that they continue their training out in the field, and on 3-day short courses, supported by a highly skilled mentor.
As well as being trained on how to repair a whole range of surfaces, our Finishers are trained in the use of their ‘Mobile Finishers’. Using these clever devices, our Finishers record detailed information about each repair they carry out. The data feeds into our IT reporting systems, automatically updating customer records as soon as a job is completed so that customers have complete transparency of information from start to finish on every job.
Committed to excellence for both our customers and our own staff we are the only company in the industry with a dedicated training centre for our Finishers.
I like the variety and the travel… Dave
The variety of repairs, everday’s a new day…Scott
The satisfaction of completing a repair that you thought was impossible…Chris
The knowledge bank is being constantly updated with new items. If you cannot find what you are looking for today, please contact us and we will do our best to help.
Our services are used by a diverse range of organisations throughout the UK, who all recognise the cost and time saving benefits of repairing over replacing.
We repair everything from scratched shower trays and chipped worktops to damaged sinks and baths. Read FAQs and use our ‘Interactive Repair Map’.