Plastic Surgeon is used to dealing with unusual repair requests, but this one for Unite Facilities Management, was a real challenge. The tenant in one of Unite’s campus bedsits had lit a candle in the soap holder of the fitted shower pod. The heat caused the plastic skin to melt off, leaving a black honeycomb effect and sticky residue, with the rest of the room blackened by smoke damage.
These pods are installed early in the build process and to have replaced this one would have been impossible. The only alternative would have been to dismantle the remains and build a new bathroom in timber and plasterboard, before installing new fittings in the conventional manner. It took our Finisher nearly a week to repair, but it would have taken much longer and been far more costly to replace.
Tell us about your damage and we can provide a no-obligation quote.